Thursday, August 21, 2008

If You Can't Take The Heat Get Out Of The Kitchen!





I was flipping through the channels the other day and came across a Rachel Ray 30 minute meal episode. She was making Fiery Texas T-Bones with Chipotle Smashed Potatoes and Sweet and Hot Pepper Saute. I knew it was a meal Ryan would love so I looked the recipe up online and bought all the things I would need to make the dish for the next night. I even sent Ryan to the State Liquor Store to pick up the Bourbon the recipe called for after looking online and finding out there is no substitute for Bourbon when it comes to cooking. I was really excited to make the meal and put on a good show while cooking it just like I had seen Rachel Ray do the previous day. Well I put on a show to say the least. When a recipe says to heat the pan until it is "screaming hot" that means on high to me. So basically I smoked everyone out of the house. The steaks had a chipotle rub on them so when they started to smoke really bad when I put them on the pan the chipotle went air born and it was like you where sniffing the ground chipotle out of the bottle. Ryan started couching and poor Jayna started coughing and her eyes began to water. They ended up having to sit out front while I finished making dinner and aired the house out. Not the show I was looking to put on. I was cursing Rachel Rays name the whole time. It was a fun recipe to make though because at the end you add the Bourbon and light it on fire. The meal was actually really good, but obviously I will make some adjustments to the recipe if I make it again in the future.

0 comments: