Sunday, December 21, 2008

Thankful Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful thanksgiving in Arizona this year, and were so excited that we got to stay for two weeks. Ryan had a business trip the week after Thanksgiving so he just flew out of Arizona to go to that and then came back and we drove home. It was so nice that I got to stay at my parents while he was gone instead of just being at home alone with the baby. I have a wonderful husband that thinks of those things for me. Jayna did great driving to and from Arizona. We did the late night drive and she slept the whole time. Red did great as-well with a little help from the vet and some magic medicine.

While in Arizona my brother Craig and his wife had an open house that I helped with. It was lots of fun to do, and their house is gorgeous.

We also swam a lot and just plain hung out. Mom and I hit up lots of good sales and even went out on Thanksgiving night to get a screaming deal on a pink flocked Christmas tree and ornaments for Jaynas room.

I cooked the turkey for my third year in a row thanks to a little help from Martha.

Ryan and I also did a big chinese night were we made all of our good dishes. My fortune cookies turned out 100 times better too because my mom had those silicone baking mats that I did not use the first time I tried making them. My mom took us to this huge oriental grocery store to buy all of our ingredients too. This place was so awesome, and had everything a former Taiwan missionary could ask for. Or best find was all the ingredients to make Zhenzhu Drinks. So needless to say we stocked up on things to take home.

Another fun thing that we got to do was go to the Phoenix Zoo to see their Zoo Lights. Jayna liked seeing all the bright fun moving lights. I felt like an abusive parent though, we found the weather to be so warm and nice compared to Utah so I would put Jayna in little short sleeve onesies and light pants. So when I started looking around at Zoo Lights and realized all the other babies were in snow clothes with hats and gloves I was sure everyone was looking at me like, "what a terrible mom, her kid is not even wearing a jacket." It was pretty funny.

So buy the end of the trip we had purchased and gathered so many fun things and Christmas presents from Grandma and Grandpa that we had to borrow their car top carrier. My Dad was nothing but thrilled, he always hated that they would have to use one for trips. So he was delighted to be watching Ryan, put it on our car. I think it was a full circle life moment for him.

I will have to put pictures to this post later. We misplaced our camera for most of the trips so all the pictures I took were on my moms camera.

0 comments: