Monday, January 26, 2009

Walking Already!

Jayna started crawling back at the end of October and has been a little mover ever since. At Thanksgiving time she started to pull herself up on all the furniture and move her way around the room that way. Jayna has never had a walker or play saucer as per our pediatricians request. He told us that it is better for them to learn how to move on their own and that the more time they have on the ground crawling the better for the development of their little brains and motor skills. Since Jayna and I have the same birthday I thought it would be so cool if we also walked on the same day. I walked on my 10 month birthday, January 14th. The closer the day got I started thinking it may actually be a possibility that she would walk on the same day I did. She was starting to use the furniture less, stand up on her own in the middle of the floor, and show other signs that she just may walk at any moment. Then the little stinker showed me up and started walking 2 days before her 10 month birthday. She has just amazed Ryan and I. I cannot believe that the little baby girl that was born almost a month early weighing 5 pounds when we brought her home is thriving so well. We always thought she would be a little behind do to all the circumstances of her birth, but we were wrong. She is still very petite weighing only 18 pounds, but she is a clever and fast one. We are so proud of her! Our pediatrician was shocked when he walked into the room to a little walking baby. She makes me believe that anything is possible. I believe she can do anything she puts her heart and mind to. She is always so determined and has so much personality in her little body. We love Jayna and cannot wait to see what she will surprise us with next.

1 comments:

glen, paige, & baby preston said...

I can't believe this! Jayna walks?! Seriously the video is so cute! I can't wait to see her walk in person!