Tuesday, April 14, 2009

MOVING!!!


So Ryan and I a couple months ago decided we were going to try and sell our condo and get a house. There were many things that led us to make this decision, but it was kind of out of no where considering we do not really have to move. Many of you know we have been working on and renovating our condo since the day we moved in, and will be doing so it looks like until the day we move out. So do to all the improvements we have made we were confidant it would show well, but did not know how long it would take to sell giving the economic circumstances.

Well we did not even have a chance to get a for-sale sign up. We got two offers in 6 days and our now under contract. Now in this market it is not over until the fat lady sings, but so far everything looks good. We have also had an offer that we put in on a home accepted and pending inspection etc it looks like we will be in a new place by the end of next month. We are really excited! Everything has gone so smoothly and we just feel really lucky and blessed. The home we are currently under-contract to buy is in Taylorsville just directly west of where we live now. It will still be a short commute for Ryan, although he may need to wake up 15 min before he needs to be at work instead of 5 min. I will post more details about our new home as soon as things are a little more concrete. I wouldn't want to jinks anything.

We have started packing up some of our first boxes and it just does not seem real. I had no problem leaving our home in Provo, but this is a different story. This was our first home we purchased, and we have put a lot of blood sweat and tears into the place. It is also the place that I brought my first little baby home to. If I could take the whole nursery with me I would. In-fact I have decided that Jaynas room will be the first room I do in the new house. It makes me too sad to think she will never remember the nursery that I painted for her while 7 months pregnant. I am going to duplicated it as much as I can when we move. I have been warning Ryan that there is going to be a lot of crying when we move. He laughs, but I am really serious. I think the whole thing has been stressful, because we have just decided to do it. It is almost like if we had to do it, it would be easier because we would not second guess ourselves about the decision.

So I will try to keep updating my blog here and there through the craziness of all of this, but I am sure there will be a period of time when we do not have internet hooked up.

Oh, if you are curious about some of the things we did to our condo her are some pictures we put up on the internet of it.

6 comments:

Ming said...

Are you sure you want to move? I just looked at the pics of your condo and I LOVE it! You did such a great job with the renovations. Are those concrete countertops in your kitchen? I love concrete countertops. I love your white subway tiles, crown molding, paint colors...all of it. You have great style Jill!!! I'm sure your new house will be even better.

Hutchings Home said...

I know. We really love it, but we want more space and a yard. This next house will take a while to decorate, but I am hoping it will be my best work yet.

Brooke said...

Found your blog through Brian and Summer's. Summer told me last weekend that you were moving to Taylorsville. We are West of where you guys are currently so I was wondering if you were moving nearby? We're around 50th S. and 10th W. Congrats on the quick sale.

Hutchings Home said...

Hey Brooke. We will be close it sounds like. We are about 60th S right before Redwood. We will have to get together. You can give me the scoop on the schools and shopping.

Brooke said...

Sure thing! We will have to chat. Let me know if you need any help moving or unpacking. I have the boys in school all day and could run by and help out if you need it.

Hutchings Family said...

We're excited for your new home! Wherever you live you will always be a wonderful family and make your home a wonderful place!!!
Love ya, Grandma and Grandpa Hutchings