Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Grocery Shopping Challenge


Christmas grocery shopping should be an olympic event. It takes just about as much preparation and physical exertion, I swear. Thank goodness I was kind to myself and had made and saved a master Christmas Eve and Christmas morning shopping list from last year. So all I had to do was make a few minor additions and hit print.


My mom and Jayna and I braved our way to the grocery store the day before Christmas Eve to get everything. It was crowded like I had expected, but was not too crazy, thanks to the fact that we did not go to Walmart. Jayna did really good considering how long it took us to find and get everything. We first went to the produce section and let Jayna help pick the produce and put the fruits and vegetables in bags for us. Tricks like that only entertained her so long though. So by the end of the trip we were just letting her do whatever made her happy. She ended up dragging one of the wet floor caution cones around with her all through the store. Then she started trying to crawl in it like it was a tent. By that point I could care less and just stood and took pictures of her. I mean really! The grocery trip was long for me so how could I expect her to just sit there in a cart contently that long. So I may have the kid dragging the cones around the store and getting dirty on the floor, but I for-sure do not have the kid screaming in the cart. Happy baby, Happy mom.


0 comments: