Thursday, November 12, 2009

I Pronounce this House Clean...



Ever since we moved into our new home the dishwasher has been my demise. The previous owners that foreclosed on the home took all the appliances and then some when they bitterly left the home. So the bank had just put in cheap appliances. We were okay with it knowing that the appliances were new and that we would slowly over the next couple of years upgrade them. The dishwasher however was anything, but a dish washer. It would leave food particles all over the dishes and everything had horrible caked on spots that I could hardly get off scrubbing it. My silverware was looking sad and dingy, and I just felt like the poor washings were taking there toll on all my kitchenware. I now finally lived in a house capable of entertaining lots of people and all my entertaining-ware looked like poo. Not except-able!


Ryan usually dose the dishes and I am very grateful to have a husband that does so, but he does do them his own special way. Mind you I clean dishes like I am hand washing them before I put them in the dishwasher, but Ryan thinks they just go straight in the dishwasher. So needless to say the dishwasher was causing a rift in our division of labor around the house. Ever time I would unload the dishwasher I would find myself stirring to angry at Ryan for not washing them good enough, and further despising the cheap white crank knob of a dishwasher we had. So finally I had had enough, and started my campaign for a new dishwasher. It took a couple lengthy discussions, but I finally convinced the Man that it would be better for everyone if we just solved this problem.

So I went back to my RC Willey man Lance Kingsford (he is the one that got us our refrigerator). If you have never heard our RC Willey story about our fridge you need to. Lets just say we are RC Willey fans for life, and I never thought I would ever say that. Lance found me a great Bosch Dishwasher in our price range and wrote me up a ticket because he was going out of town. We price compared at some other stores, and realized the Bosch one was our best deal. We went back to RC Willey to buy it, and they told us it was a floor model and that we would have to pick it up ourselves. I thought it was weird that Lance had never told me that it was a floor model, and it kinda threw a wrench into our thinking about buying it. We would no longer have the 14 day return or exchange and things like that. We eventually ended up buying it anyway, and later the next week Ryan picked it up and brought it home and installed it. The next day I got a call from Lance who had just go back into town. He said he did not know why they sold it to me like that, and gave me another $100's off my dishwasher. I had not even called or complained about it. I will find any excuse to buy something from Lance. He totally takes care of his customers.

I love my new dishwasher it is so cool, and does a great job at cleaning my dishes. The luster of my silverware is coming back and there are no-more feuds about dirty dishes.

3 comments:

Ming said...

I love Lance! Don't you feel like working at Nordstrom totally spoiles you for amazing customer service? I am very aware of cust. serv. everywhere I go and definitely appreciate when it's good. So yea for Lance!

Also, I'm with Ryan...who wants to clean their dishes before they clean their dishes. If you have a good dishwasher there is no need to do anything but a quick rinse. So I'm happy you guys got one!

Hutchings Home said...

I know, but I just have to clean them like that still. I think of the dishwasher as a sanitizer. My mom washes dishes like that too. Just how I was taught I guess. Jayna has no chance.

Hutchings Home said...

I am so shocked and honored. Lanced called me tonight and said they read this blog post in their RC Willey Managers meeting! I have no idea how they came across it, but that is so cool to me.