Saturday, November 08, 2008

Birthday Boy!

Ryan turned 28 on Friday, and we had lots of fun on his Birthday. I made him eggs benedict for breakfast and then we headed over to his work for lunch so that I could surprise him with his Birthday present. I had spent the night before secretly decorating his new office for him. It turned out pretty nice. I forgot to take pictures though, so I will have to post those latter. I was going to try and attempt to paint the office as-well, but last minute decided not to. It just would have been to much to deal with in the short time I had. Then latter that night we went to the nickel-cade with Jared and Marshall. It was my first time going and I was not super excited about it because I thought Jayna and I would be bored, but boy was I wrong. We blew through nickels like no tomorrow! Jayna loved all the sounds and lights on all the games, and loved watching the crazy kids running around. I loved playing the games with her strapped in the front pack squealing with delight. We played for about two hours while the boys played their gun games. We racked up so many tickets that we had enough to buy the sparkle baton we had our eyes on. Remember those as a kid? By the time we left she was about to pass-out. She was struggling to keep her eyes open, there was just way to much stimulation. Ryan and I decided that we will take her to the nickel-cade and wear her out for two hours before we go on our drive to Arizona. My favorite though was that there were all these kids at the nickel-cade having their birthdays and I was there with my 28 eight year old husband for his. After we ran out of nickels we went to the Wing Coop, an all wing restaurant. The boys eat about 50 wings there and then we went back to our place for an angel food pudding cake I made.



Ryan with his friends at the nickel-cade. I was laughing so hard when I saw him playing with this random kid.



Friends Marshall and Jared.

4 comments:

Ming said...

I love it! We took all of my nieces and nephews to the nicklecade once and I too was skeptical...but I TOO loved it! My favorite was Dance dance revolution.....so much fun! Happy 28th Ryan!!!

JulieB said...

The picture of Ryan playing with the random boy is awesome, Cameron is sad he missed out!

Courtney's Corner of the World said...

Ahhhh, sweet!!! Yeah, Cameron wouldn've been SO into that! I'm sure they'll make it up at some point!!

Craig and Lindsay said...

Hey, thanks again for all your help on the party! You're awesome! As for my family christmas picture, I set it up. I just played around and came up with it, who knows how it will turn out... Tell Jayna hi for us!