Friday, September 11, 2009

Honey Go Get the Punch Bowl...


About a week ago I noticed a crack in our glass pitcher right at the base of the handle. The crack had not made its way all the way through the glass, but I knew it was only a matter of time before it did. So I tossed out the pitcher and made a mental note to pick one up next time I was out, but I forgot. So the other night when we were finishing up making dinner Ryan asked where the pitcher was and I told him I had thrown it out. He still wanted to make some punch so I tried to think of what we had that we could use and told him to go down to the basement kitchen and get the punch bowl. Busy getting the table set and Jayna in her high-chair I didn't pay much attention to what Ryan was doing with the punch, until I looked over and saw that he was making the punch in an old fish bowl of ours. I said "please tell me you at least washed that", of which his reply was "no it looked clean". I then told him that that was not the punch bowl, but a fish bowl of all things. Now I am sure I washed it after the fish were disposed of, but it for-sure had not been washed since the move. Needless to say I did not have punch with my dinner, all though others did of who I shall let remain nameless. To my surprise no one got sick.

0 comments: