Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Sunday Summer Party


Ryan and I are so bad at remembering peoples birthdays. It has been something we have struggled with ever since we got married. We always mean well, we set alarms and write it on the calendar, but when it comes to the actual day we always forget. So when we realized that we had forgot Summers birthday we felt so bad. I even called her and cried about it, because Summer has been the best sister-in-law I could have ever asked for. She is one of the kindest, nicest people I have ever meet. So to try and make it up to her we invited the Cheneys and Devin to our house for a nice Sunday Dinner. I made black bean and corn chunky salsa and grilled chicken with citrus salsa on a bed of mixed greens. It was so yummy! Hopefully I can sneak this dinner in again before the weather gets too cold to grill. We also had Izze sparkling sodas to drink and S'mores for our dessert. The little kids loved just playing out side while we ate, and the boys loved climbing the big tree out front. It was a great Sunday with family and we will try harder to remember everyones birthdays this next year.



1 comments:

Summer and Brian said...

thanks Jill that was the best bday dinner ever! you can be late and make it up to me every year! we love you!