Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Warning: This Post Contains Fecal Matter

Yesterday I put Jayna down for her nap after we made muffins. At first she kinda whined about it, but after a couple minutes she just laid in her crib making noises and talking to herself. She was doing fine and I could hear her through the monitor so I just decided to leave her up in her room even though she was not sleeping. I blogged about the muffins we made on my the Bird and the Berry blog and when I was finished with my post I could still hear her making noises so I decided to go see if she needed her binki. As I walked up the stairs the strong smell of poo hit me and when I opened up the door to her room this is what I found.


Now I know many of you moms if not all have encountered this same scene in your child's room. It is just one of those things that is bound to happen. Jayna has been showing interest in dressing and undressing herself, and is very interested in potty training. Or at least the potty part, not so much the training part. We have recently bought her a little pink potty, so there is lots of talk about pee pee and poo poo at our house.

The poo was everywhere in her crib, but how could you get mad. Grossed out maybe, but mad no. I mean I even took the time to go get the camera and capture the moment forever. I try really hard to not fill my days so that I can have the patience and good temper to deal with just these sort of events. I suppose I would have been really upset if I was on a tight schedule or need to rush out the door, so that is why I try not to have a life style like that. I am in no way perfect and for-sure have my break downs as a mom. I am just proud that this was not one of them.

Look how cute! She even tried to wrap the diaper up like we do when we change her. Poor bunny. Now it is little bunny poo poo.

When I first had Jayna just having her did not make me feel like a real Mom. I do however remember the exact moment I felt like a real Mom. It was when I stepped on a little piece of poop in Jayna's nursery, picked it off the bottom of my foot with my bare hands and inspected it. At that very second I knew I was a real Mom because I was more concerned about where and who the poop came from than I was about the fact that it was in my bare hand.

3 comments:

Ming said...

All I have to say is bless the fact that Jack has zero interest in undressing himself and has never (as of yet) attempted to remove his own diaper. This post is icky!

Judy Stohl said...

Jill - love the post. It brought back many memories. What a cutie pie you have and what a great mother you are! Of course, you had a wonderful example.

ashley g. said...

How sweet of her to make you a little poo painting! I think we are truly initiated when they go in the bathtub. Best of luck!

**And I must say- I LOVE your attitude.